Friday, November 18, 2011

Weekend!

I am ready for the weekend!

What am I looking forward to?

1) Josh and I are having a Friday night date and going to a Real Live Concert.  Two members of Los Lobos (David Hidalgo and Louie Perez, or as Josh has taken to calling them, David and Louie) are playing at the Varsity Theater in Minneapolis.  I have not been to a concert in ages (literally, like, years?).  Wait.  I think the last concert I went to was Eddie Money in Josh's hometown - a concert that, by the way, was much more fun than you might think on first glance.  Eddie puts on a good show. (And then I even ran by Eddie's tour bus at the Holiday Inn nearby our hotel the next morning!)  Anyway, I digress.  Tonight I am very excited to listen to good music and sit on a cozy couch at the Varsity.

2) I am running with a friend from running club tomorrow morning, for the first time in ages!  Katie and I figured out early in this summer's marathon training session that our training paces were both identical and sort of in a strange no man's land, so we didn't have a lot of people running similar paces to ours.  (Thank heavens she is fabulous, right?)  We ended up running most of our workouts and long, long runs together, but then we haven't seen each other since our October marathons.  We are way overdue and I'm super excited for our run.

3) Finally, I am excited - and you'd better believe this warrants its spot on the list - to spend Sunday doing three parts relaxing to one part cleaning.  Or maybe 4:1.  Or possibly 5:1.  I need to do some home-related business (laundry, cleaning, etc.) because Sunday rings in Thanksgiving Week and I will be traveling to Colorado on Thursday morning, and the time in between those two days will fly!

Argh, I just realized I used the word "excited" in each of the three paragraphs.  Instead of finding synonyms to mix it up, I will leave it at that and trust that you, too, are feeling way excited about the weekend.  

Any plans for you, large or small?

No comments:

Post a Comment