Friday, October 24, 2014

Now boarding

I'm heading to the Washington, D.C. area for the weekend!

The last time I was here, in the winter, my dear friend Nathalia was pregnant (and the whole city was digging out from a big snowfall). Now there is a baby girl I need to meet! I know our plans include cheering on Nat's husband as he runs the Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday, but beyond that I anticipate lots of time just catching up with the new parents and their baby girl.

I like being intentional about what books I pair with travel destinations, so for my flight, I've got the fascinating-so-far Upstairs at the White House: My Life With the First Ladies, by a longtime White House chief usher.

I'm looking forward to seeing the city in the autumn and spending time with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment