Saturday, June 14, 2014

Another Nokomis visit

Yesterday: my second visit to Lake Nokomis in a week, this time for a leisurely walk with my pup.

Last summer I started taking Wish out for little adventures on Friday afternoons, and it was a fun treat for both of us that I wanted to revisit this year. Yesterday, we walked around the lake - just under three miles - and took a few water breaks and one longer pause in the shade. At one point during a break, I looked over at Wish and saw him dog-grinning, so I scooted next to him and took our picture:

Wish was loving all of the lake smells, which I got a kick out of watching, except when I had to drag him away from a fish that had washed onto shore. He also heard a fish flop in the water about 20 feet away from where we were standing and got a very funny confused look on his face.

I've written many times here about these peaceful lakes so close to the downtown skyline, but I don't think I will ever stop marveling at them.


Onward with the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment