Sunday, September 14, 2014

One year ago

This weekend, Josh and I celebrated our first anniversary!

We spent most of the afternoon outside on two different Minneapolis patios on a sunny, cool afternoon. We exchanged letters, partly because the traditional first anniversary gift is paper and partly because we loved including letters to each other in our wedding day a year ago. We also visited the historic mansion where we celebrated at our reception, and my sister kindly met us there for what might become a little anniversary tradition: a photo on the front steps, set up like one of my favorite wedding photos from that day. We had to scramble to take this year's photo quickly because guests were just starting to arrive for another wedding!

I loved our first anniversary celebration - and I am beyond grateful for my wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment