Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A few Colorado miles

Curious to explore my surroundings, I ventured out for a couple of short early morning runs during our time in Colorado.

On the first run, with no particular plan beyond a basic out-and-back adventure, I trotted up the road by our hotel. The mountains were farther away than they look, I think, but the view still served as pretty great motivation to keep moving forward (to get closer to the mountains):


I was running parallel to another mountain, so I never got closer to the next one (but still admired it):

And a few of the peaks (but not the cows) reminded me of the vistas in the Great Smoky Mountains:


On my next run, the peaks were completely obscured by rain clouds and fog. I felt lucky that I had gotten the chance to see a glimpse of them earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment