Friday, April 11, 2014

Morning clouds

I typically carry my camera with me for about half of my running mileage, but it has accompanied me more than usual lately. I think it's because I find the changeover to this new season so striking: buds on the trees, stronger sunlight (and more sunlight), rain instead of snow. (It's hard to believe that a week ago today I was snowshoeing.)

Because I'm running a long (long for me right now) trail race tomorrow morning, I wanted to squeeze a few miles in before work so I could rest this evening. (I usually take a rest day two days before a race or longer run and then run a few gentle miles the day before.)

The sky was beautiful and unusual as the sunrise interacted with all kinds of clouds: purple rain clouds in one direction, wispy cirrus clouds against deep blue skies in another.



And guess what? Less than an hour later, it was raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment