Sunday, August 31, 2014

Garden update: Week 14

I botched this year's garden plan a little bit. Namely, with the exception of herbs and jalapenos and a handful of lingering purple beans here and there, the main crop coming out of the garden in August is tomatoes: big tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, all kinds of tomatoes. Even the volunteer tomato plants I spotted earlier in the summer are starting to produce tomatoes. Next year, I will plan for a little more variety in late-summer production: some summer squash, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, maybe an even later round of beans.

But just to be clear: I really love those tomatoes. On Friday I stopped by the garden on a whim after a day or two away to see what was happening. The photo below is what had happened in the short time between visits.

I harvested more this morning, and I think that calls for some salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment