Sunday, March 16, 2014

Birthday week in review

Now that I have a few days of experience being 30, I'll recap the week.

Tuesday was my actual birthday, and the day was great. My heart was full from the messages, visits and surprises. (Here's one surprise: an Edible Arrangements bouquet, complete with a "30" made out of pineapple!)


For dinner that night, Josh and I tried Al Vento, an Italian restaurant in south Minneapolis that we've been meaning to try for ages. The meal was wonderful (and my salad included grapefruit!). Our visit coincided with the restaurant's Tuesday night date night special, which I would definitely like to revisit in the future.

Later in the week, we celebrated with my family at my parents' house. I am realizing only now that we didn't set up the camera's timer for a full group shot!! Here are two pictures of family surrounded the traditional and beloved lemon cake:


Wish came with us and I got to see him leap over a big snowbank in my parents' backyard. He love, love, loves my parents' house, probably because the scene below isn't out of the ordinary. This is my sister holding him and my dad feeding him a little treat. Wish looks deliriously happy and also kind of wild.


On Saturday, I drove over to Stillwater to meet my friend for lunch (and after lunch, I got to meet her baby boy!). I got there a little early so I could stroll around the historic downtown district and look at the St. Croix River. It was cold for this time of year but the sun was brilliant.


And today I saw my second river of the weekend: the Mississippi, mid-run. I like seeing all that open water.


I'm very grateful for everything the week held - and excited to see what 30 brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment