Thursday, July 28, 2011

A missing letter

This morning, I was up for an "easy" run--easy in quotation marks because it felt completely not easy because of my poor tired bod and the humidity.  Anyway, the road I start on is a popular route for runners, so it's always busy with foot traffic, but very little car traffic.  I usually end up on one of two main streets, which draw a lot of early-morning delivery truck traffic, given the high number of grocery stores and restaurants in my neighborhood.

Today, a big truck advertising Ron Diaz rum rumbled by me.  Unfortunately, the logo was looking a little worse for the wear. Instead of the slogan "TASTE OF THE ISLANDS" plastered over the side of the truck, a letter had been dropped, so it read:

TASTE OF THE   SLANDS

Needless to say, I'm wary of this product even on a good day.  But I definitely would not like to experience the taste of a sland.  Pass, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment