Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday afternoon

This post will be a short one, because my main projects this afternoon include tending to two recipes from The Pioneer Woman's blog, and photographing and writing about recipes I read about via other blog entries feels pointless and, well, weird. On the speakers, "Waitin' on a sunny day" by Bruce S. just segued into Regina Spektor's "Fidelity," two staples on my happy cooking playlist. (And in the interest of full disclosure, the Glee version of "Don't Stop Believin'" is now playing, which is still part of the happy cooking playlist but overlaps with the guilty pleasure playlist.) I'm getting the corn ready for grilled corn guacamole and have a pan of blended watermelon in the freezer, slowly morphing into watermelon granita.

Today, I went for a short shake-my-legs-out run, watched a thunderstorm, and took my bike into the shop for a minor maintenance tweak.  I think if the bike could talk, it would say it is ready and rearing to go for tomorrow's race.  The other big bike news is that...

...Josh got one!

He spotted one on Craigslist he liked, and we checked it out this morning.  (I went along to serve as his bodyguard should the transaction go awry.)  Before now, the rare bike rides we took together involved me on my road bike (which involves bike shoes and a less leisurely, fun feel) and Josh on my mountain bike. Now we will both have mountain bikes!  I'm already getting excited about future bike adventures.

test ride
But before that, tomorrow is a solo bike adventure (and swim adventure and run adventure) for me: it's my first triathlon of the year.  I'm excited and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment