Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Little-bit-late Marvelous Week 5

Hi, Tuesday! Between the Super Bowl outcome and the sudden onset of a common cold, the week began on a slightly inauspicious note. But, as always, there were marvelous tidbits to celebrate, too, so that's how we'll start the week's blogging:

1) The very friend I wrote about on Saturday got engaged later that day. I am so happy for this sweet couple!

2) I signed up for another year with my garden plot over the weekend, and it has me dreaming of spring and summer and basil and lots of tomatoes.

3) Tomorrow is college football's National Signing Day. Tennessee's recruiting cycle has been so much fun to follow this year, and while there aren't likely to be too many surprises tomorrow for UT, it's still a very exciting day.

4) Speaking of football, Josh and I are well into the fifth and final season of "Friday Night Lights." I am not ready for it to be over.

5) A small triumph: I learned how to sew a button-hole over the weekend.

Any small triumphs of your own to report, Reader? Are you making any plans for the warmer months yet? And what's marvelous about the start of your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment