Thursday, July 3, 2014

Collards

Alternate title: Garden update, Week 6, Volume 2.

I stopped by this afternoon to add some more stakes to the purple bean patch, because those plants are getting a lot higher than I remember last year's green beans. (One plant in particular seemed to be so interested in additional support that it was meandering laterally toward the tomato cage a foot away.) I added four more stakes and then started wandering around the nearby plots. That's a little sub-hobby I've found myself doing more this summer - not out of comparison, but because the various crops are so pretty and it's fascinating to see how other gardeners have chosen to organize their spaces. These plots were total blank slates six weeks ago, and I love seeing the progress all over the garden.

Today's favorite (collards, right?):


I'll be back soon to see about those purple beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment