Thursday, July 31, 2014

Proud of this sister

Last night my mom and brother and I went to see my sister perform with her drum and bugle corps. It was an outdoor show - and a perfect night for it - and 10 groups took the field over the course of the evening.

We caught her for a quick greeting before the show during her warm-ups:



And at the end of the evening, after the sun set, her drum and bugle corps took the field for the closing performance:




My mom had the camera and tracked her down with the zoom lens:







It was my first time seeing her group perform this season. Like previous shows, I left feeling immense pride for my sister: the energy and skill she brings, how she has grown as a percussionist, how she and the rest of the ensemble collaborate so closely to make each performance as seamless as possible.

Congratulations to her, and everyone, for a great show!

1 comment: