Monday, November 19, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 47

Well. The optimism of Saturday's post didn't exactly pan out as planned:
  1. I put my goal of bowling 100 in writing and then bowled a 99. NINETY-NINE!
  2. Later that night, Tennessee got trounced, walloped, demolished in its game against Vanderbilt, and the Vols' head coach got fired on Sunday morning. (I had known that was probably coming for several games but was still sad. The search for a new coach is underway, and there is only one name on the list of possibilities that would cause my household to really cringe, so we'll be moving forward with the rest of the fan base in a new chapter for Tennessee football.)
Okay, moving on to some marvelous things:

1) It's Thanksgiving week! I will spend the holiday in Minnesota with my family and then hop into the sky again, zipping over to Colorado for Josh's niece's birthday party.

2) Reading report: Last week, I finished The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and read Wild by Cheryl Strayed and Blue Nights by Joan Didion. (That got covered over the course of two flights and several leisurely mornings spent reading on the porch on vacation. Also, yes, yes and yes to all three books.) I started 1Q84 and am working my way through that very long book, with my fingers crossed that I'll finish it before my Kindle loan expires!

3) Minestrone is on the stove as I type.

4) I ran this evening after work in an effort to get back on the horse, or whatever that expression is. (I don't think I've run more than five times since the marathon a month ago but might have possibly signed up for a 5K on Thursday.) I ran along the Mississippi River for awhile just as the sun was setting on the other side of the river, and the sunset colors against the dark trees were so beautiful.

5) It was nearly 60 degrees and sunny in the Twin Cities today - cooler than the warmest days in Tennessee last week, but lovely weather nonetheless for November in Minnesota.

What are you having for dinner tonight, Reader, and what's on your reading list? Are you traveling later in the week, or will you stay close to home?

No comments:

Post a Comment