Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sunrises

We're home!

Our trip to Tennessee was fantastic, thanks in great part to our home for the week. I booked through Air BNB for the first time and chose a cabin on the west side of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, about 40 minutes south of Knoxville. I was about 3 percent nervous about how it would go, but now that our first stay is complete, I know I'll have a hard time booking regular hotel rooms ever again. The cabin was ours for the week, but our hosts lived a few hundred yards farther up the mountain and stopped by a couple of times to chat about the area, give us tips about hiking trails, and make sure we had everything we needed in the cabin. It was wonderful.

Anyway, more on that later, I think. A major, major draw of this listing was the cabin's porch, which overlooked the national park. As some of you know, I love porches. Can you blame me? Here's the view:


I'm an early riser - a blessing and a curse, don't get me wrong - and so I scrambled onto the porch every morning to watch the sun rise.

Here we go: The 2012 Miles and Laurel Great Smoky Mountains Sunrise Recap!

Day 1:


Day 2, when we actually left before the sun rose because of our football tickets!

Day 3:


Day 4:

Day 5:

And finally, Day 6:


I would quite like to start every morning on that porch, no problem - and in fact, I did spent quite a bit of each day (the mornings, at least) sitting in the rocking chair with my coffee and book.

Coming up: the rest of our trip, including the Tennessee game, the national park, and a big old hike!

1 comment: