Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Hodge Podge

After the trip recap business, some run-of-the-mill Saturday notes, under the umbrella of Hodge Podge:

1) I am reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami and I had no idea how long it was before I began reading it, because it's a Kindle version. The recommendation came to me from a friend whose reading tastes seem similar to mine, and I'm enjoying the book so far. It's just that I thought the little "x percent complete" ticker on my Kindle was broken for awhile!

2) I took a long yoga hiatus when I was approaching the marathon and then recovering from it, and I went back for my first class in weeks yesterday. My brother just started yoga at CorePower, too, and the best summary of my experience yesterday was my text to him this morning:  "Profoundly sore." I'm looking forward to getting back into that routine, so I can just be pleasantly sore.

3) On the same day I scheduled a post about Wish's firsts, he got to experience another first: his first Minnesota snowfall! Josh and I were in Tennessee, but the word from my mom was that he wasn't very pleased about his fur getting damp from the flurries. She took it upon herself to remedy that problem via a dog jacket that she sewed with fleece on one side and windproof fabric on the other! AND A PAWPRINT FLEECE TAM!!


I am pretty impressed - despite his expression in that photo - but I also just love the word TAM and try to say it as often as possible now that Wish has one.

4) Tennessee plays Vanderbilt tonight and I'm crossing my fingers for a win. Two more wins and the Vols will become bowl-eligible!

5) My goal over the next couple of days is to make crockpot honey sesame chicken - and maybe my favorite minestrone recipe, too. This all assumes that I'll go to the grocery store, which I've apparently given up doing since we got back from vacation.

What are you up to this weekend, Reader? I'm off to the bowling alley, with lofty dreams of cracking 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment