Monday, August 12, 2013

Marvelous Monday: Week 32

Hello, blog! It's Marvelous Monday.

1) My aunt and cousin hosted such a sweet party for me yesterday: beautiful desserts, fresh homemade summer beverages, and wonderful family. I was so touched.


My mom's penchant for organizing photos at events used to be a thorn in my siblings' collective side, or whatever the right expression is. ("Mom! Another picture?!") Obviously, if you've visited this blog even once before, I've come around to appreciate her habit of getting out the camera. I love this photo of my grandma, mom and sister with me.

2) I also love reading and thinking about kindness. On today's run, the Slate Double X Podcast to which I was listening steered me toward "George Saunders's Advice to Graduates". "Err in the direction of kindness," he writes. Who do I know that needs an extra touch of kindness this week? Who do you know?

3) Tonight was a grill night! I prepared a play on a recipe I read in this month's Martha Stewart Living that involved topping grilled eggplant with basil, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and feta, which I swapped for fresh mozzarella I had on hand. (Can anyone give a high five for not just eating the caprese salad and skipping the eggplant? 'Cause I almost did.) I haven't grilled eggplant before and it was great.

4) The next few days call for mid-70s and sun. Yes!!

5) Josh just came home after a long day and Wish was so elated that he went airborne in his greeting, which I don't think I've ever seen before and was totally marvelous.

Happy times at Miles and Laurel.

No comments:

Post a Comment