Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cookies (the first of many)

Yesterday a bunch of us (minus my dad, who is on the road for work) met at Mom and Dad's house to begin some holiday projects - including cookies!


The primary focus was on making cookies - we made sugar cookies and molasses ones - but by the time we left, the Christmas tree had also been decorated and a chainsaw had been used.


There was also enough time to start eating the cookies - and there were a lot of them.
Wish was there, too. He got to take a few laps off-leash outside in pursuit of his football and then spent most of the rest of the afternoon relaxing directly under the cookies (and trying on decorations). He loves this new place.
Hey! Help my family settle a debate. Would you rather have your cookies a little overdone or a little underdone? Would you like the dough in the oven for 8 minutes or 11? I think I was the only person cheering for the 11-minute batch in my family. What do you say?

7 comments:

  1. I say...RAW cookie dough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 minutes...not browned but not doughy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the compromise on which we settled!

      Delete
  3. I'm generally with Nat -- but ok, if they are a little doughy or crunchy I will still eat them and enjoy them. (Because I do love cookie dough, I prefer doughy to crunchy.) But what I really wanted to say is that my mom is cheering with you, Becs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 Minutes, I tried a new recipe this year and it called for putting the rolled out cookies in fridge for 15 minutes before cooking them and that had them getting done but staying soft

    ReplyDelete