Friday, December 20, 2013

My canine running buddy

Today I got out for a run with Wish for the first time in what seems like ages!

December has been a cold month in Minnesota, and while Wish's body doesn't seem to get cold because of all that fur, he is really uncomfortable outside when his paws are on the cold sidewalk for too long (read: more than 100 feet when it's below zero). (Also, he did not stand for the one pair of booties we tried for him last year.) Because of all the cold weather, Wish's exercise time has been limited this month, and even with games of fetch in the house, he gets cranky and stir-crazy.

After a full week, I was excited to get out for a few easy miles this evening, and with the temperature hovering around 20 degrees all day, conditions were favorable for my canine friend, too.

This is the basic idea of how he looks when he runs:


We stopped to look at some holiday lights and you can tell how much that pleased him.


With light snow falling gently, my dog and I trotted around the neighborhood for 2.5 miles. It felt great to get out for a run and fresh air, and Wish was having such a good time he didn't even think to bark at a passing garbage truck. (Also, I think he's sleeping now.) It was a pretty fun way to kick off the weekend before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment