Monday, October 14, 2013

Marvelous Monday: Week 41

Marvelous Monday! Here we go!

1) Rain is moving in to Minnesota for the next couple of days, and on a chilly night, I am very happy to have a surprise cozy new pair of wool socks, knit by my grandma in the exact shade of our bridesmaids' dresses.

2) I am also happy that a big batch of soup is simmering on the stove for the week's lunches. It's the Runner's World tomato chickpea pesto recipe that you guys know I love, appearing for the first of many times this season.

3) We spent yesterday at home helping my parents with a project. Dinner together and a family wave commenced afterward:


Also, we found this wacko horse puppet that my family has had forever. He resurfaces at the strangest times. He likes to poke his head out of sunroofs...and sneak up on my brother.


4) We finished Season 2 of "The Wire" and have launched into Season 3. You know you're hooked on a show when you start to think passersby look like the characters from your program.

5) This post would not be complete if I didn't mention a wonderful surprise visit today from Molly and her baby! She brought me a soy chai and a donut, set up a running date, Baby squeezed my hand, and then they were on their way. That's a serious day-brightener.

What's marvelous about your week, Reader? Did you fall asleep in the eighth inning of last night's turned-out-to-be-wild ALCS game? (No? Just me?) Do you have favorite fall soups you'd like to tell me about? And finally, this is unrelated to my post, but I need some book recs. What have you been reading?

1 comment:

  1. I fell asleep too! But woke up when Joe yelled at the tv, and I opened my eyes just in time to see Torii Hunter tumble over the fence.

    As for books: Just finished "Devil in the White City" which was fascinating. Also read "Where'd You Go, Bernadette" which I recommend a lot.

    Also, I'm two episodes behind on Hart of Dixie! I feel like I'm failing the show, what will it do without one of the only two people who watch it?! Better catch up tonight.

    ReplyDelete