Sunday, May 25, 2014

Our weekly spring update

It feels like spring rolled into town full force this week, with warmer temperatures, plentiful sunshine and lots of leaves. I was deleting some leaf photos from my phone (if you can believe it, there are many more leaf photos that don't end up on the blog) and even as I poked fun at myself for the quantity, I also liked seeing the progression in the last several weeks.

So I'm happy to keep tracking that progress!

One example:


Another example, from a gorgeous midweek late afternoon walk:


It also seemed like candles popped out this week - a little later in the season than when I first noticed them a few years back, but marvelous just the same. (Candles are the little bright green extensions when pine trees grow each year - so named because they really look like candles.)


The dandelions are also in full force:


With lots of sunshine this week, I liked peeking up at the new leaves.


And of course, a return trip later in the week to the lilac tunnel, now in nearly full bloom:


I love the spring layers:


After a long winter, springtime in Minnesota is truly something to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment