Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dissent in the home

Back when I started my Tennessee project, it wasn't a tough sell to convince Josh to join me in the project. (You get the idea: Girlfriend presents football-loving boyfriend with opportunity to enjoy more football.) He has been very helpful in interpreting games and helping me learn more of the rules, since I wasn't a football expert by any stretch before we started the project. (This season I'm working on identifying more of the penalties before they're named.)

Anyway, my point is, our household was 100 percent into Tennessee football.

Last night, there's this super-exciting Tennessee game on TV to open the season, and my team left the Georgia Dome with a victory! There were several breakout performances, and it was such fun to watch. Josh and I would talk about the game and check our Twitter feeds to see the game commentary.

When we'd cheer or yell, Wish would get concerned that something had gone awry. We tried to reassure him that this was just going to be part of the fall routine around here, and he relaxed. And then I looked over at the couch Josh and Wish were sharing, and I saw this:

Boring. Wake me when the Puppy Bowl is on.
I'm not worried. Our pup will be wearing an orange bandana and probably even barking merrily to "Rocky Top" by season's end. I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment