Thursday, September 13, 2012

Three things Thursday

Three nice things about Thursday, besides the fact that the UT-Florida game is now the day after tomorrow:

1) It was pretty and chilly this morning. I went sleeveless on my run and definitely could have used at least short sleeves. The leaves along the river are definitely changing. And the clouds were amazing!



2) I had a conference call today for my volunteer committee, and I called in for it while I was home on my lunch break. I sat on the floor with Wish during the call and took notes. (Best conference call conditions ever!) I got up to walk around a little bit midway through, and when I came back, it was clear that Wish had been covering for me just fine while I was away from my notebook:


3) I have a new soup recipe on the stove as I type: apple-butternut squash soup from Martha Stewing Living. Martha calls it a Thanksgiving-worthy soup, and while I'm not quite ready for November yet, I'm excited all the same. I'll provide a full review soon.

If I could provide a bonus nice-thing-about-Thursday, it's that I saw that I'm #2 on the library list for Gone Girl now.

What was nice about your Thursday, Reader? Are you full-speed into fall recipes the way I appear to be? Have you switched your summer wardrobe out yet? I haven't, and even though the sun warms the city up into the 70s by the end of the day, it's leaving me downright flummoxed on these cool mornings. I need my sweaters, pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment