Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Old Dog

Reader, we have art!

Last night, Josh and I went to the Boys and Girls Club fundraiser at Target Field. A key part of this great event is the silent auction, which has an enormous amount of items on which you can bid - including paintings by some of the kids at the area Boys and Girls Clubs.

We were looking through the art, and all of a sudden, we both knew exactly what we wanted in our home: "My Old Dog," a painting by nine-year-old Molly from a Boys and Girls Club in St. Paul.

Josh bid on it - and then upped the bid after he was outbid. And then we won it!


I love everything about it: the old dog, the exclamation point about his head, the signature at the bottom when Molly ran out of room four letters into her name.

We brought it home, and it's going to be featured in a central location. Maybe even in our living room, above the TV:


(Don't worry, that's not an ethereal ghost in the TV - it's just Josh taking off his suit jacket.)

We discussed the possibility of Wish seeing it and ramming his head through the back of the canvas so his face was the featured dog. I'll show you a dog! Luckily, Wish was indifferent.

My Old Dog. I am so thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment