Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's starting!

Fall doesn't officially start until Saturday, but along the Mississippi River, the fall colors are really starting to accelerate. I have been watching the sumac leaves change very gradually, and in the last week or so, they've really started to resemble the colors of Fruit Stripe Gum. Does anyone besides me remember that stuff? Red, yellow, green.


Right!?

This morning was dark, dark, dark. I tried to snap some more photos of the sumac, but they are all feeble and blurry because I didn't want to use a flash.

But here's one more leaf picture, just for good measure. Because it's Wednesday? If you are new to Miles and Laurel, you should know right away that I'm deeply fond of fall leaves.

 

Consider this the first installment of many-many leaf-related thoughts yet to come.

2 comments:

  1. Remember when you sent fall leaves to India? I believe they're still there... -- fence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Can you believe that was eight years ago!?

      Delete