Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The earth moving around

The earth has been turning on its axis lately, so it should come as no surprise that I've been noticing the sunsets and sunrises. Fortunately, I recovered from the weeklong rebellion I went through after the Boundary Waters trip when I stomped my foot (inwardly) and thought no sunrise or sunset could ever compare to what I saw up there. Seriously! I don't think I took one sun-related photo for a full week.

It may be true that the sky feels bigger up north, but the urban sunrises and sunsets are still good. This month the timing has shifted quickly, and I'm usually finishing up my miles for the day with rays of early sunlight instead of full-blast sun at 5:15 a.m. (or whatever it used to be). (I maintain that the only nice thing about the decrease in daylight is that it boosts the number of sunrises and sunsets I see.)

Also, one of my favorite effects of this blog is that more than one of you text me when there are good sunrises or sunsets or clouds that I should be watching. I can't have my eye on the skies all the time, after all, so I love the help from M&L readers.

Anyway, last night I was walking Wish around town and we saw a really nice sunset:


And this morning on my run, I watched the sky turn from gentle peach to blazing orange. Ahh!



I liked this silhouette of the tree hanging against the orange sky:


And then I came home and took a picture of my dog, because two of the miles I ran this morning were with him! It was the first time we've gone running together in a long time. Wish did well running with a leash, I had an extra pep in my step because I had a new early-morning running buddy, and we're both in luck because I have more a.m. miles coming up this week.

This picture has nothing to do with sunrises and sunsets, by the way. I was just proud of him and wished to commemorate our second run together via photo.


Good pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment