Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April in retrospect

Today is the last day of April! What happened around here this month?

Wish tried on his first baseball jersey:


Josh and I went to Opening Day at Target Field. I have long been a staunch advocate for fun player facts, ever since I saw them in Seattle a few years ago. If Opening Day was any indication, I'm about to learn more about my favorite team:

Then, a few days after that, I went to Washington, D.C. to visit Nathalia and Mike. I never did a proper recap of the trip beyond the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run, but we had a great weekend - and got to visit lots of blooming trees around town, cherry blossoms and otherwise:


We saw the White House, too, which is not big news for them but was for me:


We went on a ranger-led run around the tidal basin, home to lots and lots of cherry trees, and learned all about their history. The ranger is the silhouette in the tree bark. She was awesome.


Nat cooked beautiful food, including an apple pie.


I missed Wishy but became fast friends with Nat and Mike's pup.


It snowed...and snowed...and snowed.


Wish dismantled what must be his fourth football, his favorite toy. When he got his paw fur trimmed, he was presented with a new one. HAPPY DAYS.


Then he figured out a new way to keep it safe that I haven't seen before this month. WOE!


I made blueberry jam on the stove. Well, to be completely honest, I made a batch of blueberry syrup first and then tried it again and actually made jam. (It kind of looks like lava in this picture but it's jam, I swear.)


And finally - surprise! - Wish got a tie. (You probably don't know this since I've been keeping it hush-hush around the blog, yeah?) I like this photo because he looks kind of gigantic.


Tomorrow: hello, May!

No comments:

Post a Comment