Thursday, May 30, 2013

101 in 1,001 update: May 2013

Oh, it has been a long time! I'm not even going to dig back to see what goals I tackled earlier in the spring. We start fresh, for summer!

If the last couple of months are any indication, though, I've got a hunch that the next few months won't make for wild progress on the 101 list. (There's a new 101 side project of sorts that sprung up around Miles and Laurel in the form of wedding planning!) Even so, it's still very fun to have a tangible list of projects that are important to me, and there will be plenty of time this summer to explore some of the items, especially the seasonal ones.

Meanwhile, though, I haven't stalled completely. Here's the scoop:

Ongoing projects:
#82 Cook one new recipe each month
I love this one. May's recipe was Southwestern quinoa and black bean casserole. Before then, I had been on a streak of cakes. (Not such a bad thing.)
#62 Send one card per week for three months
I have been stopping and re-starting this one basically since the project started, but I'm three weeks in now. Progress!
#46 Eat or shop at 10 new-to-me restaurants in Minneapolis.
I added the 5-8 Club to this list last week. I should be able to make progress in this area this summer without too much adversity.
#43 Give blood at least once per year.
I did this in April.

Completed projects since my last update:
#40 Take a Spanish class.
I even got a little diploma to prove it. I'm very happy I took this class.
#87 Make jam
I made blueberry jam as part of my mom's birthday cake last month.

(Why didn't I put "learn to grill" on the list?!)

So, crunching some numbers:
38/101 items
19/101 in progress

New goals going forward for the summer:
#1 Set a PR (fingers crossed)
#4 Do pushups 15 days in one month
#6 Learn how to do a cartwheel
#19 Go on a very long bike ride
#47 Volunteer at six races (continue this one)
#50 Go to a festival in the summer
#98 Read a story in Spanish

There is a gelato place in St. Paul I've been meaning to try, too. I will diligently add this to my list.

Got any tips for me, Reader? What local festival is your favorite?  Am I the only person in the world who doesn't know how to do a cartwheel? And tell me: what's on your summer to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment