Monday, May 13, 2013

Marvelous Monday: Week 19

Reader, today was already turning out to be good. But now, thanks to this afternoon's vote in the Minnesota Senate, it will be part of a historic week for love and equality in my home state. That, plain and simple, is the most marvelous part of my Monday.

Everything else seems tiny by comparison, but there are other sweet pieces of life to appreciate, too:

1) Magnolia blooms around the neighborhood:


2) I read The Splendid Table's How to Eat Weekends over the last week. It's a cookbook from the host and producer of The Splendid Table, a public radio cooking show and one of my beloved podcasts. It's not the kind of collection for which I expect to try every recipe or even most recipes, but I loved it because 1) I did learn a lot of tips and 2) their passion for the art of slow, step by step weekend cooking is so wonderful that I couldn't help but be captivated.

3) My weekend with these girls:


4) Grill Party Extravaganza 2013 appeared to have arrived at our home for the summer. We got the grill out on Friday for the first time this year, and tonight will make three days out of the last four that we've used it. Tonight I am trying a margarita marinade on some chicken. On my own. Yes, that's right. By my request, Josh taught me how to operate the grill yesterday. I am looking forward to a long season of grilled steak, hamburgers, vegetables, Boca Burgers, hot dogs, fruit, and more. I will also finally try my beloved Grilled Corn Guacamole recipe with the corn actually properly grilled.

5) The countdown to our wedding has reached the four-month mark! Yay!

Your turn! What's your favorite item to cook on the grill, and what is your best grilling tip? Do you have a favorite cookbook? And what's blooming in your neighborhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment