Thursday, January 9, 2014

A birthday

Today is Josh's birthday!

We celebrated with dinner tonight. On the menu:

1) Carnitas: started this morning when I seared the pork, cooked all day in the slow cooker, and finished by broiling on a cookie sheet for a few minutes to make them crispy.

2) Birthday cake, of course! For the third year in a row: Alton Brown's carrot cake.


The main party mishap occurred when I tried to put Wish's birthday hat on (remember last year?) and Wish shook it off his ears before tearing into the hallway to see Josh. (But he was wearing it upside down, like a feed bag, which was kind of funny in itself.)

I can't believe we started celebrating birthdays together a decade ago, and I can't wait to see what my dear, wonderful husband does in 2014 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment