Friday, January 17, 2014

Following instructions

One of my goals for 2014 includes sharpening my sewing skills - the kind that come from following a pattern - so I am trying out my first pattern project since I made robes in 2011.

The last time I tackled a pattern, my mom was basically standing over my shoulder, guiding me through the project. (Thank you, Mom!!) This week I stared at the pattern and then muddled through the first few steps on my own, but I think her phone will be ringing (and ringing again) when I start working on the more complicated parts.

I looked through each page of instructions, crammed full of diagrams and arrows and suggestions. When I turned one particular page, I was so startled that I think I jumped back a little.


Oh, the clarity! There is no room for confusion there! I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment