Friday, January 3, 2014

A five-year project

Thanks to Lindsay for the heads-up about this one!

Sometime last year, I saw an idea for a Vintage Postcard Calendar Journal, which I'd like you to know that I re-found today for you by googling "date-stamped journal in fruit basket."  (I should have thrown in a question mark at the end of that search criteria for good measure.)

I thought it'd be a fun way to jot down a little note for each day and then be able to look back in future years to see exactly what you were doing on that date. I also thought it'd be a fun vehicle for #99 Keep a "My Day in Six Words" journal for three months in my 101 in 1,001 list. But I did not act! (I really do wish I would've started in time to record the months and days leading up to our wedding and then have visual reminders each year as I updated the cards.)

But then my friend Lindsay mentioned that she has a five-year journal that sounded like just what I wanted. She found it on Amazon and updates it daily and likes that it's small enough to carry with her when she travels. I was very excited and bought my own copy shortly afterward.

I got it in November or December but wanted to wait til January 1 to start it, then forgot on January 1 (sigh) and began writing in it yesterday.

Here it is!


That photo is kind of bad because it makes the book look large. It's 4x6x1 inches.

Here's the inside. There's a page for each date, then you write in the year in each section. There are a few lines for each day, which I think will be perfect and manageable for noting a few thoughts each evening.


I hope I can keep this going over the next five years. I think that would be wonderful! Do any of you have anything like this going? Tell me, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment