Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy new year!

On New Year's Eve, I told Josh (maybe more than once) how nice it would be if Wish could wear one of those cute HAPPY NEW YEAR tiaras.

We thought it was just not meant to be. Yesterday, we bundled up for a walk to get some fresh air, and lo and behold, I found a slightly crushed but otherwise perfect tiara that had been discarded on a neighborhood sidewalk!

My husband encouraged me to not take it home, but I did just that. Unfortunately, Wish didn't seem to share my enthusiasm.


It has been really cold in Minnesota lately, with what seems like a perpetual wind chill advisory over the last week. I'm grateful that a brief reprieve will bring warmer temperatures tomorrow and Saturday. I've gotten out for a few miles this week, but my mileage (so far) has been eclipsed by the number of Friday Night Lights episodes we've watched lately - and that is just fine.

Now I am braising meat for the first time. Braised beef with onion, sweet potato and parsnip is in the oven, and I am excited to see how it turns out.

Cheers to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment