Thursday, January 30, 2014

Monthly photo project: Halfway point

One of my 101 in 1,001 goals is to take one photo of the same place every month for a year. Inspired in part by how I love a good time-lapse video, I also thought it would be fun because in one particular moment, it's tough to imagine how it looks in a completely different season. (Case in point: the early photos in this series look pretty dreamy to me right now.) I wanted to see what this place in my city looks like in every month of the year.

I choose a place I ran by regularly enough to get one photo per month, and I wanted an open space with trees (to include fall colors, of course).

I grabbed January's photo this week, so I'm halfway there now. I present to you: August 2013 through January 2014!


I didn't feel too much urgency in January because I figured this month's photo would look much like December's, but even in comparison, I like that the footprint snow tracks changed over the month.

I am really excited to see what the spring photos look like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment