Friday, September 2, 2011

Around town

Today we will begin with a short game. The game is called "Which is worse?!"

Background information:
Predicted high temperature: 94 degrees
Conditions at 5:15 a.m.: 75 degrees, 97 percent humidity

Person A has scheduled an 18-mile run for the day.
Person B is moving into a new apartment.

Which is worse?!  I think it's a draw: my sister and I both lose. 

I squeezed my long run in yesterday morning because of this weekend's travel plans and festivities. I lugged my camera along in my fuel belt because I figured that starting out in the dark guaranteed a nice sunrise.  Turns out it was one of those humid, hazy mornings where the sun just kind of sighed above the horizon.  But afterward, the early morning light on the clouds was magnifique!


I thought I'd mix it up by showing some Minneapolis clouds instead of St. Paul clouds this time.  Here's the view from Mill Ruins Park, with the Guthrie Theater's "Endless Bridge" poking out behind the lightpost:


More proof that I do sometimes go to Minneapolis.  Here's the University of Minnesota's Weisman Art Museum:
 

I also saw an older couple strolling along the river road wearing matching binoculars around their necks. Farther down the road, I saw Olympic distance runner Carrie Tollefson. She films a regular video podcast now around town (http://www.ctollerun.com/) on various running topics and is totally cool!  Later, away from the river road, I saw some college kids lugging boxes into an apartment building in hopes of beating the heat.  I'm not a student anymore, but I love the start of a new academic year.

Onward!  To the airport, to California through Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment