Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't ever call me Dreary Deary in real life

Last night, revenge was mine!


I should also note that I'll stop posting my puzzles after tonight. In terms of ranking how much you care about my day, Reader, I have no doubt that my Cryptoquip success rate rightly falls very low on your list. 

I only wanted to include it because it aptly captured last night's mood. Nothing actually bad is happening, which I should keep in mind and perspective.  It's just that this week is gray and weird and super-blustery and mucky. Last night was the kind of night that makes you want to hunker down and get into your best, softest, ugliest winter pajamas.

Around 3 p.m., I identified that lasagna would be the best weapon with which to battle the chilly night, so after work, Dreary Deary here finished her run, retrieved her car from the shop (yay!) and hightailed it to the grocery store for ingredients.  Did you know there is a recipe on the back of the pasta box that includes microwave directions for a 9x13 pan of lasagna? Gross. While the dish baked (in the oven), I conquered Cryptoquip and watched the Twins game.  Josh came home, we ate lasagna, and then we went for a drive and got ice cream.  Presto!  The hapless drear could not stand up to this ferocious defense.  

Write that down: lasagna, Cryptoquip, baseball, ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Your night sounds PERFECT!! Also, I am so glad you solved the puzzle - I have been known to obsess over a NYT crossword puzzle for days!

    ReplyDelete