Wednesday, September 28, 2011

UPDATE

You readers are always up for adventure.  I was pleased to receive several double-dog-dares to get the scoop about the flower shop sign I spotted last week.  To refresh your memory, in case you are feeling too lethargic to click on that link:


I had a lot of guesses.  I thought about calling the shop for several days.  At lunchtime today, I put on my Serious Investigative Journalist hat (all the rage on this season's runways) and finally made the call.

Mystery solved: Turns out that Izzy, Karlie, and Sophie are three girls whose grandma requested the sign for them!!!!

In case you are curious, I also learned that the sign can be customized with a name of your choice for $10 in cash, which goes to charity.  If a particular day is not reserved, the owner picks a name at random. This is a wonderful idea that I support wholeheartedly.

And yes: the roses have been claimed.

Sidenote/P.S. A quick shout out to whoever stumbled across this blog by googling "pumpkins puzzling paths pumpkin patch bonanza." I'm not sure how you did it, but that's what we are all about over here at Miles and Laurel.  Welcome.

2 comments: