Friday, September 16, 2011

A new member of my household

Last night, Josh worked late at a charity event at a bowling alley, and whenever this type of evening work event rolls around, one could make generous amounts of money staking a bet that I would be fast asleep by the time he got home.  We usually start chatting when he gets home and then I have a bear of a time falling back to sleep, so I received word last night that he would not interrupt my slumber this time.

You can imagine my surprise when he came into the room and said, "I won you something!"

My mind started churning with excitement.  What on earth was he talking about?  A raffle?  A silent auction item?  A weekend getaway?

Then I saw the prize!


My sweet boyfriend won this in one of those claw machine arcade games.  In case you don't see the dinner table for context, this thing is huge.  He has also, regrettably, already suffered a grave injury.  When victory had been secured and he was being pried out of the machine, his neck was nearly severed, which accounts for the strange droop in his neck.  It will probably require some sort of surgery. (I'm reading this over and hoping it's clear enough that "he" is the creature, not Josh.)

Once again, in case you didn't take it in fully from the first photo: This morning I rolled over and saw this face next to my bed.


Somehow, in the last 12 hours, this creature has acquired the name of Pin Man.  Pin Man declined to accompany me on this morning's run, but he does seem to enjoy a morning cup of coffee at the table.  (I don't blame him a bit.) He did not provide much assistance for the Cryptoquip but agreed that yesterday's puzzle was disappointing.


It's never a dull moment, right?  I'm a little scared to leave Pin Man unattended for the day.  One can only speculate what kind of mischief he will find.

1 comment:

  1. first sting ray and now pin man! I'll never turn a dark corner without a friend by my side at your place...sj

    ReplyDelete