Saturday, October 1, 2011

The roads are ready

Good luck to every runner tomorrow morning!

This morning, I finished my last long run before next weekend's Chicago Marathon, and let me tell you, the town has cleaned up well for tomorrow's Twin Cities Marathon.  I ran part of the course, checked out the river, and took note of some fall colors. 

These photos are made possible by a new contraption I bought yesterday at Run-n-Fun: a little belt with a pocket that holds my cell phone or camera plus all the Gu I'll want for next week's race.  I had been hoping to find something that would fit the Gu plus my phone to make finding Josh post-race easier, and this is perfect.  I am very excited about it.  I brought it home and showed Josh and he said, "The truth is, you just bought your first fanny pack."

For the record, I will deny this "fact" forever.  I love my belt-with-zippered-pouch. 

Enjoy!

Here's the view from one side of the Lake Street bridge,
looking toward downtown MInneapolis and the University of Minnesota.

And here's the view from the other side, looking toward Minnehaha Falls
and the Ford Parkway bridge (and eventually downtown St. Paul).

Orange and green!

This one is my favorite. This is also where another runner stopped and asked if
I wanted her to take my picture with the leaves. Um, no thanks.  That's okay.

Happy weekend!

1 comment: