Monday, December 19, 2011

Marvelous Monday

Allow me one last holiday-themed Marvelous Monday, because it's the last one before Christmas! <Insert gaping expression of disbelief here.>

1) A wreath!  This year, I am gradually broadening my holiday decorations (see also: copious amounts of snowflakes).  I have set out a basket of cinnamon-scented pinecones that I quite enjoy.  I was marveling to my mom about how beautiful her wreaths are, and much to my surprise, I found a decorated wreath of my own next to my stocking during a later visit to her home.  I tried to hang it up, and then Josh actually hung it up.  So pretty.


2) Since "Desperately Seeking Santa" was such a hit a few weeks back, Sara and I decided we had to squeeze in more ABC Family holiday movies this month.  Tonight is a double feature, and it's a doozy: "Holiday in Handcuffs," starring Mario Lopez and Melissa Joan Hart, and "12 Date of Christmas," with Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Amy Smart.  (Observant readers may note that this is a "Saved by the Bell"-themed evening.)  I am making soup, she is bringing bread, and we are going to chatter all the way through these bad boys.

3) Treats are flying fast and furiously around my office this week.  Today there were roasted pecans, macaroons and cookies.  I brought a batch of toffee.  (It's my one-year anniversary in my new job!  Let's eat toffee!)  It is good eating around here.

4) It looks like Minnesota will have a brown Christmas, but in sort-of-surprise news, I will have a white Christmas!  My Christmas destination in Colorado is being covered in nearly a foot of snow over the next day or two.  With the obvious caveat that I hope everyone is safe and sound and cozy at home instead of out on the roads, I'm excited for a snowy Christmas there.

5) There are beautifully lit trees and festive holiday displays in my city this month, but my favorite sign has gone up every December for as long as I've lived here. In terms of puns and plays on words, this is right up my alley.


Irish you happy holidays!

What's marvelous about your day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment