Saturday, June 2, 2012

Another sign of summer

Leave it to Sara to nudge me toward pesto again, after last summer's pesto bonanza that all stemmed from her garden!

My kitchen's first effort of 2012
This batch had mostly basil from my miniature herb garden, with a little bit of mint to round out the texture. I'll make it a little thicker once my basil starts to really go wild, but as ringing in June goes, this was a pretty delightful way to go. My mom would keep a tube of pesto in our fridge when we were kids, and my siblings and I were uniformly horrified by it. Now I'm kicking myself that I spent years of my life scoffing at pesto. (Yikes: does that mean I should give mushrooms another go?)

I'll just have to work hard to make up for all of that lost time.  Good practice for #86, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment