Monday, June 4, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 23

Hey, it's June's first Marvelous Monday installment!  What's happening?

1) We are hosting four fabulous visitors beginning later this week and are so excited! I don't think it's possible to fit all of the activities into the week that Josh and I brainstormed, but if we even do half of them, it's going to be a pretty sweet week. I won't spoil the whole list in advance, but it's safe to say that waterslides, Twins games, and barbecues are in our future.

2) I ran a half-marathon yesterday!  I signed up for this four-pack of local half-marathons through the year back in December when there was a nice discount for doing so. My New Year's Day race was my favorite so far. Yesterday was nothing to write home about (the modern update - "nothing to blog about" - doesn't sound nearly as nice) in terms of my personal performance, but I liked the weather and course better than the St. Patrick's Day race.  I snuck in a couple of minutes under two hours and was happy that I held my pace through the second half relatively well, even though I didn't feel super. The last race in the series is at the end of October, which may be interesting given that I'm considering a marathon the weekend before that.  We'll see.

And guess what?  No pictures from the morning. None!  Not even a photo of my little medal.  That's retro, huh?

3) Yesterday we took Wish to my grandma's house and he was pleased as punch because he was charming all of my relatives and also got to lounge outside all day. Josh set up his crate outside in case Wish wanted/needed to go in, and the first thing Wish did was jump up on top of it and look around - something he has never done before. What a goofball. (Sidenote: Obedience class #2 is tonight.)

4) My Kindle library notifications are flying into my inbox fast and furiously, which is kind of treacherous because I won't have loads of reading time over the next couple of weeks - but it's still exciting nonetheless.  The main one - besides Salvage the Bones - is Gabrielle Hamilton's Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef. Yikes. That's two consecutive books with "bones" in the title, isn't it? Maybe I should stick Cesar's Rules: Your Way to Train a Well-Behaved Dog, the other book I have on hold, in between the two for good measure.

5) I saw some beautiful clouds yesterday.  (Unsurprisingly, more on that later in the week.)

Also, I'm five months into my 101 in 1,001 project!  Look for an update on that soon, too.

Hope your week is starting out smoothly, Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment