Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three things Thursday

Oh, hello!

Some weeks, Marvelous Monday isn't enough. Sometimes you need a Three Things Thursday, if you just can't wait.

this morning

1) Did you know that the French word for grapefruit is PAMPLEMOUSSE?

Thanks to my LaCroix bubbly water for teaching me this fun fact.  Also, try their coconut flavor. I am a fan.

2) I am bursting with excitement about the upcoming Olympics. You will hear more about this next month, from Miles and Laurel and possibly other news outlets, but right now I'm busy being mildly crushed after realizing they don't start until July 27. I thought "July 2012" meant, like, July 5. Now that I think about it, I knew that the track and field trials were just ramping up, so the timeline in my mind makes even less sense. Argh. Maybe that will give me more time to drum up a photo for you of the award-winning diorama that my siblings and I made out of Legos one summer to honor the games.

3) I attended a really good (read: tough) yoga sculpt class tonight, and I'm not optimistic about being able to raise my arms for long durations of time tomorrow. That's a positive thing, because when I lift weights on my own, I stop looooong before that point. I'm happy for this class, which really pushes me in the strength-training department.

And even if my arms are sore tomorrow, it's still Friday!  Happy almost weekend to you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh but wait! Starting tomorrow is a whole week of Olympic trials coverage on NBC! Track, swimming, gymnastics, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius! Thanks, Kate!

      (Can we have an Olympics party next month?!)

      Delete