Monday, June 11, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 24

Storms rumbled through last night, and while I definitely took notice, they sounded to me like garden variety summer thunderstorms. Much to my surprise, I discovered this morning that there were branches down all over the neighborhood, including some big branches, and garbage cans were not in their proper places. The wind had done a number on the neighborhood, but thankfully, from what I could see, that (and some power outages) was the extent of the damage.

When I headed out for my run, the dark clouds lingering from the storms were just starting to dissipate. By the time I was done, blue sky was popping out all over the place.


Onward with some Marvelous Monday, okay?

1) I picked up my first watermelon of the season late last week and have been enjoying it immensely. One of my favorite things to do with it is blend it and drink it as juice. Yum.


2) I woke up a few minutes before my alarm today and discovered a dog laying squarely on my calves, with his happy face next to the fan. (Luckily, it was Wish.) I got up for my run and decided to do three of the miles at tempo pace, which obviously speeds up the whole process. That meant I had a few (marvelous) extra minutes at breakfast to finish Salvage the Bones. Can you believe that I was so tuckered out last night that I fell asleep 96 percent into the book, with one key character's fate still unknown? I kept thinking about it on my run and was glad to be able to finish the book at breakfast. It was the first book in quite awhile that made me jot down notes about literary devices and themes, the kind where you start thinking about the characters and their dilemmas when you're not reading the book like you're thinking about your friends.  I think it's going to be a good choice for book club.

3) Josh's family is here this week!  I love this picture because usually Wish is the one who can't sit still!


4) We got to visit a newly renovated waterpark today!  Two thumbs up.

5) The heat and humidity broke and our walk with Wish this evening was cool and breezy and lovely.

Hey!  What was marvelous about your Monday?

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the book from the library or is it yours? If its yours, could I borrow it?

    ReplyDelete