Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday's flora

I may have spoken too soon.

Here's what I saw this morning when I went outside for my run:

argh
Don't let the streaming sunlight fool you. This window box is not looking good.  Too much rain?  Too much sun? What is going on here?

The window box I just switched to the shade was a tiny consolation (and a stark contrast):


Because of this summer's foray into flower-nurturing, I've developed a keener appreciation for flowers around the city.  I like them even more than I usually do. I was thinking this morning that part of the beauty to me lies in the fact that some of the gorgeous flowers are clearly the product of lots of work and love, and others spring up in alleys and along walls with what seems like no effort or tending at all.  That balance is so intriguing.

Of course, I especially love that there are so many colors out on the city streets right now.

And the rest of the morning was gorgeous, too.  I love streaming sunlight.


Answering the early morning alarm clock is usually a bear, but grabbing an hour to putter around and smell the roses (literally!) was such a nice way to spend a Friday morning before heading off to the workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment