Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday sights

Today I snuck out very early for a run, partly because we were due at the airport around 9 a.m. and partly to beat the heat. It is hot-hot-hot here - 93 as I type at 4:45 p.m. - and the newest member of our household seems to wilt in hot weather even more than I do, although Wish was pretty happy last night sleeping with his face, like, 14 inches away from the fan.

Anyway, I got nine miles done and I saw some strange things out there this morning. Early in the run, I saw a nearly full pizza sitting in an opened pizza box tossed in an empty parking lot. (Pity.)  Later I saw a big box of Mike and Ike's scattered across an otherwise peaceful sidewalk.

Did I miss a wild night in St. Paul or something?


Then I saw some pretty things, too, including this plant in the sun:


And then I came home, and we went to the airport to pick up Josh's family, and now this is my sight!


Happy weekend to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Might want to take care that the wolf in the foreground remains docile...

    ReplyDelete