The first Monday of 2013 started out with a reminder to be flexible. I had every intention of going to yoga early this morning, but I couldn't fall asleep until way, way late last night - I'll sheepishly admit I think because I ate chocolate last night - so I spent some late-night hours reading Little Women and then bagged yoga in favor of zzzs this morning. I am quite the rebel.
What is marvelous about today and the upcoming week? Plenty.
1) I am making my first foray into the world of wedding dresses later in the week!
2) Huge football game tonight! We watched the game with friends. I am typically a fan of any underdog, but as Miles and Laurel readers know, I am pretty convinced that the SEC is the wildest and most dominant in college football - so I was pleased with a Bama win.
3) I recently stocked up on fabric for my next quilting project - intentionally before next week's predicted cold snap arrives, so I don't have to venture out.
4) I started sketching out my winter and spring running calendar and plotting out different 5K training programs to blend with preparation for the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in D.C. in April!
5) Circling back to the start of this post, I did make it to an evening yoga class instead and had a major breakthrough regarding how I breathe in class, the kind of progress you can never force or anticipate. The lesson learned? Sometimes it pays to sleep in, Reader.
Hope your week is starting out well!