Oh. I could talk about weather all day long. Let's refocus: it's Marvelous Monday, where I like to list five marvelous things happening today or this week:
- I squeezed in my first real speedwork in a long time (albeit gentle speedwork) on the treadmill over my lunch hour. That's also my first treadmill run in probably a year but [warning: more weather talk coming] the sidewalks were so icy over the weekend that I wanted to take my run indoors to a safer surface. (Bonus: I stumbled across some songs on my Treadmill Mix to which I haven't listened in ages!)
- [More weather talk] As previously mentioned numerous times, it was really cold this morning, and when I was driving down my street en route to work, I saw a dude leave his house with bike in hand, hop on the bike and cycle away like it was no big deal. That's tough - and marvelous.
- I'm poaching this one from Nat, but I couldn't help but notice after she mentioned it: the days are getting longer! When I took Wish out for a stroll today after work, there was so much more light than at the same time a couple of weeks ago. Ahhh.
- I am cooking dinner with two pals tomorrow!
- I wore my bright pink corduroy pants today.
I am still so happy about this weekend's dress adventure, which I will tell you more about tomorrow.
What was marvelous about your day, Reader? Do you have a specific item of clothing that brings you a little extra cheer? Also, I just finished Little Women - any recommendations to share based on what you're reading? Do share!