Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Flowers

Not real ones - but nearly as exciting!

I have two big bulletin boards in my workspace, and they don't deserve to be called hideous - they're simply very plain, neutral, and beige. I've been trying to add some color and pizzazz, though, via some snapshots that make me smile, alongside prints I love from the Sabra Field calendar I got in Vermont, which happens to be tied for my all-time favorite calendar with the Weatherguide calendars from my youth. (No joke.)

But even pretty pictures can only go so far. Ages ago, I bought a big piece of colorful fabric, with the intention of covering the bulletin boards. This week I finally did it! It was tremendously easy. I cut the fabric down to the approximate size, folded the edges for little makeshift hems, tucked the fabric behind the bulletin boards and stapled it. It would also be very easy to swap this out for a new piece of fabric every few months for variety.

Puppy!
(I intend to frame these calendar prints eventually.)
I am disproportionately Over The Moon about my pretty bulletin boards now. It is simply amazing the effect that some bright fabric in February can have.

4 comments:

  1. What an easy and fun way to spice up your decor! I never realized that covering them was that easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! I've got my eye on every bulletin board in my life now!

      Delete
  2. i like knowing wish is looking at a steak in that picture
    -sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head for why it's my favorite picture!

      Delete