Monday, February 25, 2013

Marvelous Monday: Week 8

Oh, hello!


Here we go! Five marvelous tidbits:
  1. Dinner with two friends tonight = a great way to start the week. It did not hurt that dessert was a leftover helping of Smitten Kitchen's Best Birthday Cake that my friend made over the weekend. Oh, my.
  2. Book report: I'm still working on The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures. I am captivated.
  3. I tried a recipe for the first time yesterday that I filched from my aunt years ago, and it worked out. It's basically seeing what happens to salsa when it's marinated in a sauce made of red wine vinegar and sugar. It's good, good, good - and we brought home a little bit of leftovers after the Oscars were all said and done, too.
  4. This week includes March, a month that includes spring and also me celebrating the old 2-9.
  5. This is huge: OUR SINK GOT FIXED TODAY!!! As some of you know, our sad kitchen sink has been basically non-functional for a long time. We have been working with a plumber and today was the day when it became repaired (actually, replaced). I was literally hooting and hollering with joy. I am so excited to have a functioning kitchen sink.
It's hard to argue with a Monday like that.

P.S. Hi to any new readers who came over from my friend Katie's blog after her sweet and kind words yesterday! I'll get to work on passing it on!

Onward to Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment