Here we go! Five marvelous tidbits:
- Dinner with two friends tonight = a great way to start the week. It did not hurt that dessert was a leftover helping of Smitten Kitchen's Best Birthday Cake that my friend made over the weekend. Oh, my.
- Book report: I'm still working on The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures. I am captivated.
- I tried a recipe for the first time yesterday that I filched from my aunt years ago, and it worked out. It's basically seeing what happens to salsa when it's marinated in a sauce made of red wine vinegar and sugar. It's good, good, good - and we brought home a little bit of leftovers after the Oscars were all said and done, too.
- This week includes March, a month that includes spring and also me celebrating the old 2-9.
- This is huge: OUR SINK GOT FIXED TODAY!!! As some of you know, our sad kitchen sink has been basically non-functional for a long time. We have been working with a plumber and today was the day when it became repaired (actually, replaced). I was literally hooting and hollering with joy. I am so excited to have a functioning kitchen sink.